A blog dedicated to running as this gopher train his paws from a being newbie runner to a marathoner and beyond.

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

A Bit Longer and Faster [20190721]

Day two, July 21, 2019, started a earlier than day one. Not as early as I had hoped (5 or 6 AM) but at least it was earlier than 10 AM.

I noticed that my pace for the first two kilometers were faster compared to yesterday. But on my way to the third km, I started to slow down. Speed is something I really need to work on.


metrics for the day

From my condo, I went to CCP complex. I went up the ramps of CCP and the film center for some added challenged. I felt a bit dyspneic but not so much to stop my walk. I ventured along road parallel to Macapagal up to the GSIS complex gate. Saw a lot of taxis parked there and there were some hidden eateries at the side of the road. I should try eating there one of these days.

longer distance


My music was a little mellow this day.  Ben a Ben  and Rey Valera were playing at the background. Not your usual running music, but it made me feel relaxed.

I’m glad my distance has improved.  I think I will work my way up again to 10k. ;)

hotel sofitel at my back

Catch of the day

I chanced upon a shooting while walking back to Roxas boulevard. They turned the grassy area near harbor square into a foreign looking park complete with picnic tables and nice looking bbq grills.

The actors looked foreign too. I’m not sure if they were shooting an ad or a film. I wanted to take a closer picture but I was told we were not allowed to do so. Oh well. I hope I get to see whiter film or ad that was.
a shot of the shooting










No comments:

Post a Comment